MYMARK is taking care of your Turkish Trademark matters with utmost care.
Trademarks may consist of any signs like words, including personal names, figures, colors, letters, numbers, sounds and the shape of goods or their packaging, provided that such signs are capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one undertaking from those of other undertakings and being represented on the register in a manner to determine the clear and precise subject matter of the protection afforded to its proprietor.
Types of Turkish Trademarks
The types of Turkish Trademarks are shown below in accordance with the Industrial Property Law No. 6769.
- Trade Mark: Trademarks are used to distinguish the goods that a business manufactures and / or trades from those of other businesses.
- Service Mark: Servicemarks are used to distinguish the sevices that a business manufactures and / or trades from those of other businesses.
- Collective Mark: Collective mark is a mark distinguishing the goods or services of members of the association which is the proprietor of the mark from those of other undertakings.
- Guarantee Mark: Guarantee mark is used to designate the goods and services of different persons in order to guarantee a common quality, common geographic origin or method of production or another common feature of such goods and services.
Stages of Turkish Trademark Registration
- Pre-Search and Examination
The duration of pre-search and examination by TURKPATENT for absolute grounds is approximately 1-3 months. If there is no reason for refusal regarding the subject application, trademark is publiched in the Official Trademark Bulletin.
- Duration of Official Publication
The legal time period of the publication is 2 months. Third parties can file opposition in this period. Trademark will pass the registration stage in case of no opposition.
- Registration Stage
Registration fees will be paid if no opposition is filed in publication period.
Registered trademarks are protected for a period of 10 years as of the application date. It may be renewed every ten years.